16.8.08

Modesty... or lack there of

So wow, been a while... yet again. Loving my new city still! Busy as all hell for sure, hot as all hell too, but not as bad as DC last summer. That was waaaaaay worse. I'm beginning to think I can actually survive in a car with no ac. Though I'm told that September here is still pretty hot. They got the first snow of the season back home today. I can't believe it. I wish I was there to enjoy it! Anyway, to the real topic of today's story...

Modesty... is the best policy... ALWAYS! I went to the water park here in town today. It was by far one of the funnest things I have done in several years. It was a great day with new friends to say, "What the hell! Who cares what they all think! I'm having fun acting like a five year old today!" It was great! However, modesty.... yeah. I'm on the fence here, I want to be supportive of people who I see and I think to myself "Wow, I would never be comfortable wearing that." Which is horrible because I find it to be so judgemental which I hate! I can't help it though. I think what it is is that I have always been on the bigger side of the spectrum, and therefore I tend to cover up a lot. When I see people who are bigger than me, but don't follow the same guidelines as I do, I'm floored that they feel so comfortable with themselves to wear it. My whole thing is that even the cute skinny beach babes should be wearing more clothes than they do. Would you walk around in your bra and panties in public? More than likely not, although I'm sure some people would if they could. I'm fine with bikinis but only when they consist of more than scraps of material.

So that is my problem. I strive to be modest and not dress like a complete whore, not to say that I don't dress to impress I just do it without running about in my underwear. I'd love to be confident enough with myself to be able to run about in next to nothing, but even if I was there comes a time when you need to be covered up. I don't know if I am making any sense anymore. I just spent 8 hours at a water park running on about 5 hours of sleep, I'm completely delusional at this point. Although not hallucinating, so that's a plus.

Anyway, my advice to the world is that, you may think you look cute, but just to be sure get a second opinion. Preferably from someone other than your horny boyfriend who would rather you run around naked all the time anyway :)

embrace.

No comments: