3.9.08

Who knew?

I went to the store today. I wore my newly acquired pro candidate shirt. We'll say Candidate *X* for all intensive purposes. I bought cold meds. (Ugh! I'm getting sick!!! SHIT!) As usual at the check out they asked for my ID due to the drugs being purchased. The guy was a TOTAL JERK. I said man I understand that this is a necessary evil because we don't need more meth heads on the street, but it means that it will take me that much longer to get home and take it and I'm sick and I'm tired and I just wanna go home...
So the guy looks at me and my Candidate *X* shirt and smirks and wont even make eye contact. He's very flippant and impatient with me. I'm thinking whatever give me my damn drugs and I'll be on my way. As I'm walking off I hear him start talking to the man that was behind me and saying I am a ____ and voting for Candidate *Y* and can't stand when people come through with pro Candidate *X* shirts come through.
Oh man it took everything I had not to march right back up to him and spit in his face for treating me so poorly over politics. UGH! This is one of the reasons I hate politics, it is dividing our country almost completely!!! Why don't we just quit wasting our time with all this and actually split up. 3 new nations. You get to move whereever your favorite politicians go. Democrats one side republicans on the other and a middle ground for the people who just can't make up their damn minds and wanna hop between the two.
I find it exhausting. Just leave me alone and let me run my own damn country.
I feel like hell... I'm going to bed.

embrace.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah yeah yeah but which candidate?

Anonymous said...

Democrats, Republicans...they are all the same. It's semantics. How to twist words to make it sound appealing to the audience. Playing the stage. Neither Candidate X nor Y represents people's true rights and freedoms.

Stormy said...

Does which candidate really matter? The fact is that I was treated differently due to the candidate I support. It's wrong and arrogant of this man to judge me based upon my political beliefs. Reguardless of whether I'm right or left I should be treated with the same common respect given to all people.

Anonymous said...

Agreed. But I still want to know.

Stormy said...

Yes Dave ... I know you do. So much for being anonymous...

Anonymous said...

Ah crap, you found me out.